LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView 2021 Community Edition

I have downloaded LabView Community Edition 32 bit for Windows (.iso file) from here. :

An ISO.file was downloaded:

ni-labview-2021-community-x86_21.0.0_offline.iso 2,439,682 kB

After unrar I started installation on my NI PXI-1042 computer with Windows 7. The installer said, I need Windows 10 / 64 bit .... crazzy.😀

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(1,831 Views)

According to NI documentation, LabVIEW 2020 is the last version compatible with Windows 7.  See LabVIEW and Microsoft Windows Compatibility Chart .

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(1,796 Views)

Why is that crazy? Microsoft themselves ended support for Windows 7 nearly two years ago.

You are running Community Edition on a PXI chassis? 🤔

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(1,782 Views)

Either you are Rich to afford a personal PXI Chassis for hobby or misread the rule that Community Editon cannot be used for commercial use.

Please do read the CE license terms to avoid any legal controversies -https://www.ni.com/en-us/support/documentation/supplemental/20/labview-community-edition-usage-detai... 

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(1,778 Views)

I bought a PXI chassis with a damaged power supply for a very good price on eBay. I repaired the damaged power supply and the system has been working ever since.

I use it for hobby.

Message 5 of 8
(1,660 Views)

JimB, I still run more older systems than Windows 7. The Windows 7 is the :"newest" system I have. My oldest system is HP-Unix on HP 75000  system. Regardless end of support....

And my oldest computer is HP9825A still working and often in use regardless support...  Just for fun and hobby.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(1,659 Views)

Wow, fun! What's the controller module? At work we have several PXI-1042 chasses (is that the plural?) with PXI-8108's and they run Windows 10 64-bit just fine. If the current installation of Windows 7 is activated, you can do the upgrade for free.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(1,645 Views)

I have 8105 controller.

Any way, just now I have tried do download  LabView 2023 Community Edition, for Win 32. the downloading never started. The web site rolled on top.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(842 Views)