From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView 2021 Community Edition

I have downloaded LabView Community Edition 32 bit for Windows (.iso file) from here. :

An ISO.file was downloaded:

ni-labview-2021-community-x86_21.0.0_offline.iso 2,439,682 kB

After unrar I started installation on my NI PXI-1042 computer with Windows 7. The installer said, I need Windows 10 / 64 bit .... crazzy.😀

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(1,896 Views)

According to NI documentation, LabVIEW 2020 is the last version compatible with Windows 7.  See LabVIEW and Microsoft Windows Compatibility Chart .

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(1,861 Views)

Why is that crazy? Microsoft themselves ended support for Windows 7 nearly two years ago.

You are running Community Edition on a PXI chassis? 🤔

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(1,847 Views)

Either you are Rich to afford a personal PXI Chassis for hobby or misread the rule that Community Editon cannot be used for commercial use.

Please do read the CE license terms to avoid any legal controversies -https://www.ni.com/en-us/support/documentation/supplemental/20/labview-community-edition-usage-detai... 

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(1,843 Views)

I bought a PXI chassis with a damaged power supply for a very good price on eBay. I repaired the damaged power supply and the system has been working ever since.

I use it for hobby.

Message 5 of 8
(1,725 Views)

JimB, I still run more older systems than Windows 7. The Windows 7 is the :"newest" system I have. My oldest system is HP-Unix on HP 75000  system. Regardless end of support....

And my oldest computer is HP9825A still working and often in use regardless support...  Just for fun and hobby.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(1,724 Views)

Wow, fun! What's the controller module? At work we have several PXI-1042 chasses (is that the plural?) with PXI-8108's and they run Windows 10 64-bit just fine. If the current installation of Windows 7 is activated, you can do the upgrade for free.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(1,710 Views)

I have 8105 controller.

Any way, just now I have tried do download  LabView 2023 Community Edition, for Win 32. the downloading never started. The web site rolled on top.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(907 Views)