LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW vs Teststand

Thanks everyone. Each reply contributed to answering my question(s) so "kudos" and "Accepted Solution" to each one..

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 25
(2,276 Views)

@Clint1000 wrote:

Thanks everyone. Each reply contributed to answering my question(s) so "kudos" and "Accepted Solution" to each one..

And jet no answer is selected as solution. And you kudo'd none of the answers. (You have to click the buttons.)

Message 12 of 25
(2,257 Views)

Yeah you might want to read up on how Kudos's and Solutions work.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Community-Documents/Unofficial-Forum-Rules-and-Guidelines/ta-p/3536495

Checkout the "When you get the help you want" section.

Message 13 of 25
(2,251 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

TestStand is not really a language.

Turing would disagree with you...

Message 14 of 25
(2,246 Views)

My intent was to thank every one..if I read the link you posted correctly you can't accept everyone as a solution nor kudo everyone.

Message 15 of 25
(2,235 Views)

@Clint1000 wrote:

if I read the link you posted correctly you can't accept everyone as a solution nor kudo everyone.

You definitely did not read it correctly then.  Anybody can give a single post a kudo.  The original poster of a thread can mark as many posts in the thread as solutions.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 16 of 25
(2,231 Views)

@Clint1000 wrote:

My intent was to thank every one..if I read the link you posted correctly you can't accept everyone as a solution nor kudo everyone.

Nobody's doubting your intentions.

Lesser kind of people don't even waste a "thank you" when the problem was solved. so kudo's for that (I gave you a real one).

It's just a bit sour when kudo's and solutions are given in text format. Like giving a starving man a picture of a cheese burger...

Message 17 of 25
(2,221 Views)

@BowenM wrote:

@crossrulz wrote:

TestStand is not really a language.

Turing would disagree with you...

Minecraft is Turing Complete too.  Turing completeness doesn't answer if such a construct is a "Toy Language" One way to consider if a language is not a toy is to consider the question, "Would a professional programmer with several years of experience seriously consider using the language as a means to provide a reasonable, cost effective solution for a customer's problem?"

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 25
(2,133 Views)

Hey, I never made the claim that it was a good language.  Just that it was a language 🙂

Like I said before I still find the TestStand IDE slow and clunky even after using it for awhile.  That having been said writing lots of code in TestStand really isn't wrong.  It might not be the best possible solution but it is still robust and fast to execute.  I by no means would classify TestStand as a toy language. 

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 25
(2,121 Views)

@BowenM wrote:

Hey, I never made the claim that it was a good language.  Just that it was a language 🙂

Like I said before I still find the TestStand IDE slow and clunky even after using it for awhile.  That having been said writing lots of code in TestStand really isn't wrong.  It might not be the best possible solution but it is still robust and fast to execute.  I by no means would classify TestStand as a toy language. 

Where's the documentation for this language - syntax - that does not include use of LabVIEW, etc. ?

I haven't been able to find anything.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 25
(2,117 Views)