LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Roadmap (2022)

@Data-MetaData wrote:

I guess min. for the last 15++ years, right? 

Closer to 25 years...

Message 31 of 105
(2,733 Views)

@Data-MetaData wrote:

It depends what you want to count. I'm working with LabVIEW since 1992, started in LabVIEW 2.2.1 when I started as application engineer for National Instruments in Switzerland.

If you only account for online forums such as this here and LavaG, it's pretty much since 20 years. If you also allow for Info-LabVEW, which was a mailing list and still exists, but isn't very active anymore, then it approaches more like 28 years. I prefered the mailing list for quite some time as always connected Internet wasn't a standard thing back then. 😁

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 105
(2,690 Views)

@rolfk wrote:

@Data-MetaData wrote:

It depends what you want to count. I'm working with LabVIEW since 1992, started in LabVIEW 2.2.1 when I started as application engineer for National Instruments in Switzerland.

If you only account for online forums such as this here and LavaG, it's pretty much since 20 years. If you also allow for Info-LabVEW, which was a mailing list and still exists, but isn't very active anymore, then it approaches more like 28 years. I prefered the mailing list for quite some time as always connected Internet wasn't a standard thing back then. 😁

pica.army.mil?

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 105
(2,672 Views)

@rolfk wrote:
If you only account for online forums such as this here and LavaG, it's pretty much since 20 years. 

BTW. This post Re: Code Interface Nodes - NI Community (your first on the account you're using here) is dated ‎09-01-1999.

The dates for the use profiles don't date back that far (they got truncated to ‎01-26-2001).

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 105
(2,637 Views)

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

@rolfk wrote:
If you only account for online forums such as this here and LavaG, it's pretty much since 20 years. 

BTW. This post Re: Code Interface Nodes - NI Community (your first on the account you're using here) is dated ‎09-01-1999.

The dates for the use profiles don't date back that far (they got truncated to ‎01-26-2001).

Ahhh, nice archeology! 😀

I think I actually started to use the fora somewhere after 2002 or so, but might have signed up in 1998 or 1999. And NI had back then a mailing list that was semi synchronized with the forum. A script was importing the mailing list responses to the forum database and tried to match the emails based on the sender email address to forum users. This was not very reliable. For me it very much depended from where I was connecting to the Internet, either with our company dialup connection or with my own private dialup from home, as to what email address was used as sender. If the email address you said you were sending from didn't match the dial up account, the SMTP server of the internet provider that was handling the email distribution, would refuse to send the mail. So there were some posts ending up in other artificial accounts. I had at some point about 4 different forum accounts because of that. I believe there was some effort by Lisa  to try to eventually combine those accounts if I'm not mistaken, but not sure that was successful and I really didn't care enough to bother about that.

The formatting in that post with the > indicating the responded to text, clearly shows that it was originally an email.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 35 of 105
(2,629 Views)

@rolfk wrote:
So there were some posts ending up in other artificial accounts. I had at some point about 4 different forum accounts because of that. I believe there was some effort by Lisa  to try to eventually combine those accounts if I'm not mistaken, but not sure that was successful and I really didn't care enough to bother about that.

Yes, I still have 4 accounts. Would have been a knight if they where merged.

I think Laura (could be Lisa) offered to merge them, but I switched laptops and forgot the forum (read in outlook) for a few years...

I'm told that it's impossible now. Seems more likely that it's impractical (e.g. cost too much time), but who knows.

0 Kudos
Message 36 of 105
(2,623 Views)

Yes could have been Laura. It's so long ago. 😁

I did a little archeology of my own and came across at least 1 and a half other accounts that are mine here in the forum. The half one is because it contains also some messages from probably Rolf Østvik, who happens to have about 3 or 4 other accounts. 😀

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 37 of 105
(2,612 Views)

LabVIEW Off-roadmap! 😂

Paolo
-------------------
LV 7.1, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2021
0 Kudos
Message 38 of 105
(2,462 Views)

Is the 2022 out today?

0 Kudos
Message 39 of 105
(2,347 Views)

@JohnatanBravo wrote:

Is the 2022 out today?

The beta is being opened up right now: https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-2022-Public-Beta/bd-p/labview-2022-beta 

Last I heard, LabVIEW 2022 is due out Q3 (July-September time frame).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 40 of 105
(2,322 Views)