cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Community Edition

Free for Private use!

See here

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 1 of 68
(13,236 Views)

Wow!  Any details?  I couldn't hear any sound.  That would be a great way to keep your skills sharp if you're a contractor between jobs, for instance.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 68
(13,198 Views)

@billko wrote:

Wow!  Any details?  I couldn't hear any sound.  That would be a great way to keep your skills sharp if you're a contractor between jobs, for instance.

I am not allowed to share anything more than what that video indicated since what I know is covered by an NDA.

What I can say is I do not think I will have to upgrade my personal license to LV after I retire to be able to keep up on LV.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 3 of 68
(13,171 Views)

When and where was this recorded and who is the speaker? Could be fake news, right? 😮

The logo is new, but iirc LabVIEW 6(?) came once free on  a CD included with an issue of a German magazine. 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 68
(13,145 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

When and where was this recorded and who is the speaker? Could be fake news, right? 😮

See here Christian

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6569955881390272512/

Looks like it was the GDevCon

Ben

Message 5 of 68
(13,140 Views)

@Ben wrote:

@billko wrote:

I am not allowed to share anything more than what that video indicated since what I know is covered by an NDA.

What I can say is I do not think I will have to upgrade my personal license to LV after I retire to be able to keep up on LV.

Ben

Sorry to put you on the spot there.  Thank you for letting us know about it, though.  It's super-appreciated!  🙂

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 68
(13,113 Views)

@billko wrote:

Sorry to put you on the spot there.  Thank you for letting us know about it, though.  It's super-appreciated!  🙂

No problem there. We just have to wait for the Web-Team to catch-up.

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 68
(12,863 Views)

Announced at GDevCon yesterday (21st August 2019). Eric Reffett was the speaker. 

Yes. It’s real. More details will be coming soon. 

Quentin "Q" Alldredge

Chief LabVIEW Architect, Testeract | Owner, Q Software Innovations, LLC (QSI)
Director, GCentral | Admin, LabVIEW Wiki | Creator, The QControl Toolkit
Certified LabVIEW Architect | LabVIEW Champion | NI Alliance Partner

Message 8 of 68
(12,764 Views)

Maybe now I can get some people in the local maker community interested.

Believe it or not $50 for LabVIEW Home Edition is too high a price when languages like Python are free to use. 

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
Message 9 of 68
(12,740 Views)

I am looking forward to this!

---------------------------------------------
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD)
There are two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Message 10 of 68
(12,690 Views)