LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to interface MPU6050 Gyroscope/accelerometer module using ELVIS or myDAQ?

Hi, I want to interface MPU6050 Gyroscope/Accelerometr module using ELVIS or MyDAQ. Is it possible to interface? Because MPU6050 has I2C/I/O (SCL/SDA), but in ELVIS or myDAQ there is no such inputs only digital inputs and outputs. So is there any way to interface through digital I/O? If yes, then please guide me how physically i can connect and in Labview. 

Thank you.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,615 Views)

There are USB devices/chips that can "talk" I³C or SPI.  Use one of them to communicate with your MPU unit.  NI makes one that includes a LabVIEW driver, but I've seen others that "look like" a Serial Device (though very fast) sending SPI commands through VISA.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,604 Views)

Thank you for your kind reply. Yes i know about this but i have to use ELVIS or myDAQ. One of these to interface.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,599 Views)

@Hussam_KUT wrote:

Thank you for your kind reply. Yes i know about this but i have to use ELVIS or myDAQ. One of these to interface.

Since your Chip only talks through SPI or I²C, which are special serial protocols that run on fairly fast clock rates that I don't think either the ELVIS nor myDAQ can support, then you are doomed to failure.  You need hardware capable of supporting the protocols that your chip requires ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,590 Views)

Ok, thank you so much 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,586 Views)