LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2019 Report Generation toolkit causing compilation errors

Solved!
Go to solution

My computer was recently redone, so I decided to install LabVIEW 2019, instead of LabVIEW 2018. When I try to compile anything with Report Generation in it, I get the following.

SciManStev_1-1648468671964.png

I would be most grateful for anyone who could offer assistance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(1,201 Views)

There is a good chance that an sub vi from the library has been upgraded.

Have you tried to open the vi from the error windows ? What does it show you?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(1,186 Views)

The error only shows up when i try to compile. The sub-vi has been upgraded, but replacing it with the new copy doesn't always solve the problem. The Report Generation toolkit used to deal with 4 types of reports. Standard, HTML, Word, and Excel. They dropped the Standard reports, and vi's of Create New Report, and Get Report Type were upgraded in the process. I was wondering if I just deleted those from the llb files, and tried to open the rest of the vi's in the llb and replaced the missing vi with what is supposed to be the current one, if that would work.I have dealt with this problem back in LabVIEW 2018 successfully, but now things don't seem to be working as they once did.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(1,171 Views)

Perhaps I have been going about this the wrong way. For hardware connectivity reasons, I was stuck in LabVIEW 2015 for a long time, and of course Windows XP. Finally new hardware was acquired and I was able to jump to LabVIEW 2018. I had downloaded LabVIEW 2019 before my subscription ran out, but due to many responsibilities, I wasn't allowed time to upgrade, until my computer just got redone. I might be stuck in a time warp. At one point, 2 folders were required to make executables work with Report Generation sub vi's. LVClass, and NIReport llb files had to be included. When I was using LabVIEW 2018, only NIReport.llb was required. Yes, the Standard Report was dropped, and when I go through the library trying to replace the depracated vi's, they are embedded beneath other vi's that still produce the older menu output for Get report Type, and Create Report. Fixing them is proving to be more that I bargained for. Clearly the llb files were broken by the decision to drop the Standard Report option, and at least in LabVIEW 2019, not repaired. Do I still need this broken library, or any other library to be always included to create executables with Report Generation functionality?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(1,145 Views)

In working with this problem, I tried to not include the report libraries, and compiled programs for distribution. I was delighted that everything worked just fine, so I concluded that the libraries were no longer required for executables with reports.Yesterday, our IT department updated 3 of the computers that were creating the reports in Word. None of them worked. That tells me that a library of some sort or something is required on new Windows installations. Is there something I can always include with an application that allows reports to be generated on a Windows clean installation that won't show up as a broken library, and stop the compilation of the application?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(1,104 Views)

I have more information on this topic. Apparently, a Windows clean install works just fine with Report Generation reports with no libraries added to the project, and always included in the installation. What doesn't work is brand new computers. I am not sure how to remedy this, and hope someone has run into this and can enlighten me. I will try poking around and doing different things, but they do have me spread very thin here, as I even have to fill in for personnel in the production department calibrating and testing units. The symptom now is that for existing computers, whether clean install or not, the Report Generation tool works just fine in a deployed application with no libraries as a part of the project. With a new computer, no report is generated, and no error shows up. Scratching head......

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(1,094 Views)

Do the brand new computer have a valid Microsoft account activated for Excel ?

Just open Excel to see if an Microsoft popup comes.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(1,076 Views)

Yes, it is activated. I just tried something from a different thread, and it didn't work.

SciManStev_0-1652706921655.png

I just saw the other thread, and read every word. I have run into the Office not being activated before, and yes it does give similar results.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(1,070 Views)

Per the other thread, I tried this:

SciManStev_0-1652711201771.png

Still no luck. I know I am missing something easy. All my reports have been working for many years. They still work on old computers, and an old computer with a clean install and new hard drive. They are not working on any of the new computers. Attached is an example of the report generated.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(1,063 Views)

Is that the Word NI library that you have put in the always included?

As far I remember I've never had to do that to have a working installation.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(1,054 Views)