LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2019 Report Generation toolkit causing compilation errors

Solved!
Go to solution

Yes, in years past, I was using LabVIEW 2018, and even though there was probably a better way, I had NIReport.llb attached to every report, both Word and Excel that my programs created, and it always included. When my machine was redone this year, I installed LabVIEW 2019, as it was the last version I had downloaded before my subscription expired, and my company determined it was too expensive to reinstate. I thought I could just recompile all the vi's under LabVIEW 2019, and everything would be fine. It turned out the NI broke the library and it stated giving me compilation errors, as the beginning of this thread indicates. I tried fixing the llb, but that was a bit beyond my ability. I did remove Report Generation Toolkit, and reinstalled it fresh. Per early on in this thread, I tried removing the library, and just compiled the programs with nothing always included, and it worked perfectly. I was delighted. Then, last week, our IT person put 2 new computers on the floor, and I installed my programs on them only to discover that no reports were generated. This morning I learned that an older computer with a brand new SSD, and Windows 10 clean install, still worked just fine with my programs with nothing always included. I am using 32 bit LabVIEW 2019, and so far I have been unable to get any reports out of the 2 new computers, regardless of what I have tried. I understand that my programs are very large, and per advice from here, I have been shrinking them, and using more sub vi's. There are many of them, and some are quite huge. I'm working on them with each iteration a bit better than the previous one.This particular program hasn't been shrunk yet, but that shouldn't matter to just get a report on a new computer.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(291 Views)

I put an error indicator just after I try to open the template.I am using Create Report for a Word Document.

SciManStev_0-1652723104717.png

Any ideas on what is going on? This is immediately after try to open the template.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(286 Views)

I found this, and passed it onto our IT person.

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P82QSAS&l=en-US

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(281 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author SciManStev

Problem fixed!

Our IT person sent this.

"

Well, those machines did come with Office365, which I uninstalled and installed Office2013…  I just went that location and deleted the keys associated with 16/365. Let me know if it helps?

"

At least this is documented here for anyone else who runs into this problem. Perhaps later versions of the Report Generation program can work with newer versions of Word/Office, but for now, this problem is fixed.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(274 Views)