LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2017 Feature list?

Solved!
Go to solution
I am trying to decide whether or not to extend my service membership. The features of LabVIEW 2017 are part of my decision, but I could not find these on NI's website or a google search. Does anybody have info on what is coming in this year and future releases? I know they were running a beta program so I figure this info is out there somewhere. Much appreciated,
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 27
(7,115 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author AdamZeroK

Unfortunately, it is mostly confidential until NI Week.  You can look on the Idea Exchange and see what is In Development, but most of those items are from the Tech Preview.  But I will say that there is one particular new feature that will drive me to upgrade to LabVIEW 2017 come May (ok, probably actually June/July time frame before it will be available on my corporate server).  Otherwise, it is mostly performance improvements and bug fixes.

Spoiler
And that new feature is a lot cooler than the new task bar icons in LabVIEW 2014.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 27
(7,097 Views)

What?  Labview 2014 has taskbar icons?  Why am I still on 2012?  Smiley Very Happy

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
Message 3 of 27
(7,085 Views)

I know time is money, but this is one of those reasons I participate in the LabVIEW beta.  Getting early access to the new hot features helps make me a more informed user.  I'd suggest if you find this type of information valuable to try to participate in the NI betas.

That being said crossrulz is right that there is at least two features which would make me upgrade (if I wasn't planning on it anyway).

When 2014 was released there was a marketing page put up about some of the top features of LabVIEW 2014.  The article seemed like someone stretching to find features to talk about.  A new icon being part of the Top Feature list was a bit disappointing.

On a completely unrelated topic did you see my NI Week presentation last year.  It was a lot of fun and I hope it encourages others to attend and present.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 27
(7,060 Views)

Hooovahh wrote:

When 2014 was released there was a marketing page put up about some of the top features of LabVIEW 2014.  The article seemed like someone stretching to find features to talk about.  A new icon being part of the Top Feature list was a bit disappointing.

Not only part of the top feature list, it was actually labeled as the top feature of 2014.  And NI marketing has been made fun of for this ever since.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 27
(7,046 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

Hooovahh wrote:

Not only part of the top feature list, it was actually labeled as the top feature of 2014.  And NI marketing has been made fun of for this ever since.

In my book, they will never live it down.  😄

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 27
(7,014 Views)

I'm just curious - right now, before NI Week, new release of LabVIEW 2017, with some toolkits, release notes, new features description is available on ni ftp server, "in open access".

Is it prohibited to discuss it now? Is it somewhere defined in license agreement, or something? What will happen, let's say, if I'll post here short review of new features? Will my account be blocked, and I am charged?

It's really funny, that it's available there (and it's happening every year; LabVIEW 2016 was on NI ftp server since June or July, I guess) before NI Week - thus official release - but noone is discussing it here, on the forum...

Sincerely, kosist90

logos_middle.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 27
(6,487 Views)

Uh...where?  I looked in what I thought were the usual places and I don't see 2017 posted but I would love to install it and see if it takes care of some of my performance issues, and play around with the new features.  Anything linked to NI's site should be fair game for discussion, I mean they are the ones that posted it right?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 27
(6,481 Views)

Hm, strange, I don't see it directly there, but links are working - 32-bit and 64-bit. I must say, that it's not me who found it - there is one guy on another forum, who posted it; so I'm just using them.

Message 9 of 27
(6,470 Views)

You can also check breif summary of LabVIEW 2017 features and changes by this link. Seems, that LV2017 will be quite interesting 😃

Message 10 of 27
(6,377 Views)