LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV 2012 Flatten To String / Unflatten From String problems

Solved!
Go to solution

I am using a simple flatten to string in order to save a controls setup and then an unflatten from string to read the saved controls.  The problem is, when I try to read the saved file, it returns an error message:  

Error 122 occurred at Unflatten From String in Setup Front Panel.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW: The resource you are attempting to open was created in a more recent version of LabVIEW and is incompatible with this version.

Which is bogus, because it was created in the same VI about 8 seconds earlier.  Are there any known issues with this, or any places I might want to look?

Edit:  This exact code, unchanged from now, was working last night without problems.  In fact, the saved files I tested with last night still work fine, but newly saved files don't load.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,508 Views)

Look at the hex values of the flattened string. There's an LV version number, there. How are you "packing" the strings before writing to file?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,504 Views)

It is in the "control" loop, setup load / setup save cases.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,500 Views)

Did you change the Params cluster?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,491 Views)

I didn't - but even if I did, shouldn't newly saved files load just fine, while making old files load incorrectly?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,486 Views)

Oh, I see the error, now. Someone was talking about VISA refs not flattening and unflattening as expected - can't find the post.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,485 Views)

It has to do with the data format of the strings. I'm looking at bypassing the file i/o ...

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,483 Views)

Stepping through the controls one at a time, a boolean is the first one that works in string mode, but not in file mode. Writing to, then reading from file changes /r to /n.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,463 Views)

Interesting. It is a place to start in the debugging at least.

I've used this exact method of saving / reading data in several other programs. In fact, one of which has an almost identical setup and is still working fine. Yet in this one, I can't for the life of me figure out what is causing the problem or how to fix it - or why it would have been working last night and not today.  

Thanks for putting some time and effort in to it, but I give up until tomorrow 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,459 Views)

Shameless bump in hopes that someone today can figure out what is going on!

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,422 Views)