LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to prorammatically move a control out of a case structre

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, I have to programmatically move a control out of a case structure, when i try it, it makes the case structre bigger and keeps the control inside. Would be great if someone could help me fixing this, if it is possible. 

Here is a pic of my test vi blockdiagramm.

Seau1_1-1585299429868.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(2,821 Views)

You need to change the owner of the item from the While structure to the Block diagram.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(2,794 Views)

Thank you very much for the fast answer, sadly the Owner property is read-only, is there another way to change the owner? 

Seau1_0-1585306882346.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(2,784 Views)

You can delete the terminal and create a new one on the Top diagram, and in this case it'll be easy. If you have connected wires it'll be a mess though. Why are you doing this? 🙂

/Y

Qestit Systems
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(2,772 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Seau1

So: You cannot change owner from the same VI that runs, you must edit an inactive VI.

The function you missed is Invoke node - Move. That both moves and changes owner.

Script.png

Qestit Systems
Message 5 of 16
(2,766 Views)

@Yamaeda wrote:

You can delete the terminal and create a new one on the Top diagram, and in this case it'll be easy. If you have connected wires it'll be a mess though. Why are you doing this? 🙂

/Y

You also loose connectivity to the connector pane. This is really a lot of work to fix.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(2,760 Views)

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

@Yamaeda wrote:

/Y

You also loose connectivity to the connector pane. This is really a lot of work to fix.

Then i found the Move-command. That solves a lot. 🙂

Qestit Systems
Message 7 of 16
(2,757 Views)

@Yamaeda wrote:

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

@Yamaeda wrote:

/Y

Then i found the Move-command. That solves a lot. 🙂

Yes, that should be marked as solution, IMO.

I had the CP problem when moving all diagram code into a structure.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(2,751 Views)

Just curious - and you don't need to answer this - but what is the purpose of doing this programmatically?  It's just for my personal knowledge, in case I run into a similar situation.

Thanks!

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(2,719 Views)

Thank you very much for the help, I will try your solution as fast a possible. I need this because I have to fix a VI Generator which saves the controls and indicators inside of diagramms.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(2,651 Views)