LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Exec (Batch File) Can't run batch file

Hello,

I've been trying to launch a batch file located in "C:\Windows\System32", when I run the VI the cmd display: 'p4toHIL.bat' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. When I use the command "dir *.bat" says that the File Not Found, you can see this in the next image:

CMD from LV.JPG

Also when I launch the batch file using the cmd from windows (windows+R) the batch file runs, also if I use the command "dir *.bat" the files are displayed as you can see in the next image:

CMD from Windows.JPG

I think that the issue is that LV launch the cmd without admin rights, Somebody Know How Can I access with the admin rights? I've tried to use the command runas but is not working. 

Also if I locate the batch file in another path for example C:\ the bath works but I need that te file run from  "C:\Windows\System32" 

The VI that I have been using is attached.

Thank you in advance!!

David Espinosa

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,026 Views)

Hi David,

just a wild guess:

Maybe Windows is fiddling with the folders due to the bitness of the calling task (in your case: LabVIEW)!? When using a 64bit environment you might get shown other paths/files then is shown for a 32bit process. This is especially done in the "Windows-internal" folders like "system32"…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,001 Views)

I think you are better to run everything from LabVIEW... Admin right are not cool to deal with in LabVIEW. or run LabVIEW as administrator and then call the batch file.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,000 Views)

Was there ever a solution to this?  I'm running LabVIEW 2018 on a Windows's 10 box and the .bat file I'm trying to run won't launch.  It will run if I start it from the command prompt.  I've tried several flavors of strings to launch the .bat file.  The cmd window opens up but is blank.  See attached.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,434 Views)