From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is LabVIEW NXG better than "standard" LabVIEW?

Solved!
Go to solution

Few years ago it was a meeting in our company where NI representative showed LabVIEW NXG. Maybe it was my bad but I didn't that NXG has strong advantage to switch from standard LabVIEW. At the end of meeting, I asked the NI representative what are NXG's advantages which standard LabVIEW doesn't have and didn't get clear answer.

Now LabVIEW NXG stays few years on market. It is pretty good duration. I assume that some people tried to switch from standard LabVIEW to LabVIEW NXG. Maybe they stay with NXG or returned back. It would be interesting to know their point of view with real comparison examples.

So Ladies and Gentlemen, please, share your experience! List of real advantages and disadvantages would be helpful as well.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,952 Views)

LabVIEW NXG disadvantage #1: it's being discontinued. 

Message 2 of 6
(1,928 Views)

How could NXG be discontinued if LabVIEW forum web page has 

Announcing LabVIEW 2020 SP1 and LabVIEW NXG 5.1 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,908 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Vasilich2004

Well, if you read that link I posted, it says

"We will cease development efforts on LabVIEW NXG and release the final version - LabVIEW NXG 5.1 – in 2021. We will not release new versions of LabVIEW NXG starting in 2022. "

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,904 Views)

Thank you!

Sorry that I forced you to answer twice. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,897 Views)

I never switched to NXG because there are no instrument drivers available for it, and I don't have the time to write my own from SCPI commands.

Since NXG development has been halted I am not holding my breath for any instrument manufacturers to bother writing any.

That's a huge disadvantage for NXG.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,847 Views)