cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert data to SQL database table

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi.

I have a problem with labsql for insert a data into database,can someone tell me what is wrong this this code? Is the sql code error or i need a lab-sql inerset function?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,811 Views)

A typo in the table name? "schoolinifo", instead of "schoolinfo"?

Message 2 of 10
(4,793 Views)

Do SQL insert handle unicode?

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,776 Views)

No comma before values?

INSERT INTO table_name (column1, column2, column3, ...)
VALUES (value1, value2, value3, ...);
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,766 Views)

You will need to change the column handling unicode data to nvarchar imo. Is it nvarchar in this case?

I know for a fact that the ado client can handle unicode but it depends on the destination column of the table which dictates a successful insert. 

Message 5 of 10
(4,757 Views)

Hi 

I insert the data in mysql it works but in labview doesn't work with the same sql code.

And also i used the same code for insert the data into access it is also works.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,738 Views)

@314159ym wrote:

Hi 

I insert the data in mysql it works but in labview doesn't work with the same sql code.

The error message says: "You have an error in your SQL syntax; check [...] for the right syntax to use near ' values (  [...] ) ' at line 1"

I don't think you used the very same SQL code in LabVIEW as in MySQL.

Message 7 of 10
(4,731 Views)

Does any query work?

On the bottom it reads "select * from schoolinfo". If that works, "insert into schoolinifo" will not work.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,724 Views)

Hi 

The read query works,but insert not works

I used function "ADO SQL EXCUTE" Is this the right one or has other function i should use

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,722 Views)
Solution
Accepted by 314159ym

I don't know what the function is called (I don't even know what library you use), but usually the insert and select functions require either different functions, or setting in input (get results or something like that).

The insert will not give any results, and if the execute expects results, it will give an error.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,713 Views)