cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implement pickits.dll in LabVIEW

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

i have problems with the microchips pickits.dll. I would like to implement the dll-File in Labview and communicate with a hardware called LIN Serial Analyzer from microchip.

When I run my Labview VI, it can`t communicate with the device.

This is my composition in Labview which doesnt work.

LIN_SERIAL_ANALYZER.jpg

This composition is created on a WIN7/64bit OS and on a WIN XP/32bit system. Both doesnt work.

The Analyzer runs with the microchip demo application Network Analyzer(64bit).

I have downloaded the LIN Serial Analyzer Update v2.05 (64-bit) from the microchip homepage and with this application it works.

The pickitS.dll works inside LabView correct. When I run the Function Prototype "Get_PickitS_DLL_Version", it returns the correct DLL Version.

Is my composition in LabView right?

Do anyone work with the LIN Serial Analyzer or similar devices from microchip?

regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(7,318 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author joisef

Hello,

i have solved the problem. For Initialisation of the LIN Serial Analyzer, you have to take the "Basic" Constructor and the method "Initialize_MyDevice" with the parameters USBIndex = 0 and ProductID = 0xA04. With this basic setting you can initialize the device. Following you have to set the baudrate to 19200 for LIN Bus.

Feel free to ask me if you have problems with your device.

LINSerialAnalyzer.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(7,259 Views)
Hello, I need to send a LIN frame with an inverse checksum (forced) using PickitS.dll and a LIN serial analyzer HW from Teststand (Labview) and read an acknowledge after that. Can you please help with the required steps. Thank you very much, crsz
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(7,068 Views)

Hello,

do you want to send a normal LIN message or a special message?

regards

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(6,982 Views)

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

One of my question would be how to initialize if you have 2 interfaces connected to the same PC

Thank you,

Cristian

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(6,959 Views)

Hi,

i have tested only one  Lin Serial Analyzer, not 2. Do one Serial Analyzer work for you?

greets

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(6,951 Views)

Hello,

Yes, one works OK. I have used PickitS.dll and I can control it - but not from Labview. I have made a small VB.Net app

Problems if you would have 2...

Regards,

Cristian

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(6,941 Views)

I hope I have understand you.

You want 2 Serial Analyzer work in LabView? One Serial Analyzer doesnt work in Labview? But in your VB.net one works?

regards

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(6,926 Views)

I wanted to say if you have only one connected to the PC it works, if you have 2 you cannot know waht USB idx they will receive and you cannot identify them

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(6,904 Views)

Hello, 

I have got a LIN serial analyzer (APGDT001) and my objective is to manage it from LabVIEW. 

The problem is that the device is not detected. Now im using VB and the LINExample provided by microchip but PICkitS.Basic.Initialize_MyDevice(port, ID) never returns true! I have used values from 0 to 0xFFFF in ports from 0 to 50 and not success...

On the other hand, "Network Analyzer" tool detects the device and is totally functional.

Any idea about the problem??

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(6,845 Views)