cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAQ image mouse scroll

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

Whenever I zoom in on an IMAQ image, I am unable to use the mouse wheel to scroll up/down. I have to manually click the scroll bar and move it up/down to scroll the image.

How can I enable the mouse wheel to scroll the image?

- Sable

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,416 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sable

The Image Indicator, per se, does not have a Scroll property (as far as I am aware).  However, as with any other LabVIEW Indicator, it will respond to Mouse Events when the mouse if over the Indicator, including "Delta" (which is -1 each time you scroll down one, and +1 for scrolling up).  You can then (programmatically) turn this into a movement of the scroll bar(s), getting as "fancy" as you wish (too bad there isn't a "mouse orientation" property to allow you to turn the mouse 90° and have the wheel mean "Horizontal" scroll.

Note that you can directly query the Mouse, but it doesn't work well.  My current Mouse says it has 3 axes and 8 buttons, but when you look at Axis information, they are Horizontal, Vertical, and Scrolling, the first two doing what you expect and Scrolling doing nothing at all.  Similarly, only 4 buttons show up on the "button info" display, left-click, right-click, and wheel press (tilting does nothing, and I didn't get the fourth indicator to light).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,404 Views)

Thank you Bob Schor.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,364 Views)