From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAQ image mouse scroll

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

Whenever I zoom in on an IMAQ image, I am unable to use the mouse wheel to scroll up/down. I have to manually click the scroll bar and move it up/down to scroll the image.

How can I enable the mouse wheel to scroll the image?

- Sable

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,413 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sable

The Image Indicator, per se, does not have a Scroll property (as far as I am aware).  However, as with any other LabVIEW Indicator, it will respond to Mouse Events when the mouse if over the Indicator, including "Delta" (which is -1 each time you scroll down one, and +1 for scrolling up).  You can then (programmatically) turn this into a movement of the scroll bar(s), getting as "fancy" as you wish (too bad there isn't a "mouse orientation" property to allow you to turn the mouse 90° and have the wheel mean "Horizontal" scroll.

Note that you can directly query the Mouse, but it doesn't work well.  My current Mouse says it has 3 axes and 8 buttons, but when you look at Axis information, they are Horizontal, Vertical, and Scrolling, the first two doing what you expect and Scrolling doing nothing at all.  Similarly, only 4 buttons show up on the "button info" display, left-click, right-click, and wheel press (tilting does nothing, and I didn't get the fourth indicator to light).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,401 Views)

Thank you Bob Schor.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,361 Views)