LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to store and read data on Crio 9074 with Write to measurement file?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hy there! 
I'm writing my thesis of my degree and it's about LabVIEW. I'm using a NI cRIO 9074 with a NI 9221 Analog input card to get the signal of an accelerometer sensor. For hame I'm not using LabVIEW for too long.
Just to start I wrote a very simple prog. The Analaog Input 0 (AI0) port is simply connected to a Waveform Chart and parallel to an indicator. This line is connected to the Write to measurement file.
My question is can you help me with some information about how can I save my data to the cRIO 9074 by using the Write to measurement file and later read it with my computer by ? 

Thanks fo your replies! 
Tschabee91

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,063 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tschabee91

Hi Tschabee,

how can I save my data to the cRIO 9074 by using the Write to measurement file

You just use WriteMeasurementFile on your cRIO!

and later read it with my computer by ?

You need to access the internal storage of the cRIO over the network. FTP access is an apropriate tool…

The main point is:

When running a VI on the cRIO you have to keep in mind: the cRIO DOESN'T has access rights to the host PC's harddrive!

You have to store data on the internal cRIO (flash) drive and you have to use some network functionality (like FTP) to move those data to the PC…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,060 Views)

Hi GerdW, 

I think I'm getting what you say, but, I don't really know how to specify the path to my cRIO 9074. What sould I write in the filename column of the WriteMeasurementFile, where I specify the full path in case to save the file to the cRIO-s memory? For example D:\test.lvm? Or C:\....? I really have problem with this part of the solution, I think getting it back by FTP in for example Measurement & Automation Explorer is clear. 

Thanks for your help!
Tschabee91

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,050 Views)

Hi Tschabee,

using MAX / FTP you should already know the path…

I usually store files relative to my RTEXE in the data subfolder. The cRIO usually only has one drive named "C"!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 4 of 6
(5,045 Views)

Hi GerdW, 

Thanks for the information, I will try to succeed with these! 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,036 Views)

Hi Tschabee,

My case is same to you. My LABVIEW project works on Version 2014.
Please sharign me your experience.
Thanh you advance!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,193 Views)