From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unscaled panel and diagram at UHD display

Hello all

I have possibility to work with proper UHD display : 60 inch @ 4k screen with LabVIEW 15 SP1 at Windows 10.

Size a little overwhelmed at 3m distance, but problem is that LabVIEW scales down diagram and panel to Full HD resolution.

Is there any method to keep native resolution in LabVIEW? any tag in INI file?

I do not believe that I am alone with this problem 🙂

Regards

Mikrobi

Regards
Mikrobi (Zbigniew St. Sobków)____________________________________________________________
"You can lead a horse to water, but if you can get him to float on his back you've got something."
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,389 Views)

What exactly do you mean by "native resolution"?

LabVIEW uses bitmapped graphics on both the front panel and block diagram.  So everything is pixel based.  If something needs to be larger or smaller, then you need to change the resolution to of your screen to something else, assuming the video card and the display support the other settings.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,362 Views)

Well it's mean that diagram that fits to single Full HD screen also fits to Ultra HD screen.

I do not complain at 15 inch laptop display, scaling looks OK, but at 60 inch screen it starts to look... big.

I agree, LabVIEW based on bitmaps and PNG so this is why I am bit confused...

I checked resolution, it is UHD, 3840×2160 pixels and LabVIEW scales that to 1920x1080 pixels 

Regards
Mikrobi (Zbigniew St. Sobków)____________________________________________________________
"You can lead a horse to water, but if you can get him to float on his back you've got something."
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,349 Views)

paint_and_LabVIEW.png

That is how it looks like: diagram and this same diagram seen by old, good Paint: just while loop selected, 'Ctrl+C'  and 'Ctrl+V' in Paint.

Regards
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,337 Views)

Those screen shots don't help explain what the issue is.  Something put into paint can scale at many different sizes.

Why are you trying to porgram on a 60" display?  That is just downright huge?

Can you take an actual photograph of the screen?

If you size a front panel to full screen, and use one of hte property nodes to report how large the panel is, what does it say?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,330 Views)

Apologize, In fact Windows display settings made that.

For UHD resolution Windows knows better what to do with display scaling and to keep native size of elements, panels and diagrams it needs to be set manualy to 100%

(That brings possibility using Windows API to create mouse scroll based zoom for diagram or panel... )

It makes (default Windows scaling)  panel and diagram bigger, excelent to presentation when using 60inch TV screen with UHD resolution or laptop 15 inch display but I would like to use native resolution without downsizing, dispite how odd is it.

Yes, it is huge screen, and I am using this as an external display. 'There is a plenty of the room at the...'

Why? I got to the store for few weeks 4k TV, it will be not propper just not check how LabVIEW programming looks on the Big Screen.

Regards
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,314 Views)

[RavensFan said:]

> Why are you trying to program on a 60" display?  That is just downright huge?

Sometimes you have to go big.

One of my systems has 6 - 1920x1200 monitors.

So, I had to get the same setup for my office.

You'd be surprised how quickly you get used to it.

I thought about using the 4K UHD panels (no bezels), but I would lose screen real estate.

And maximizing a window on the large displays is sort of annoying.

steve

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the forum when you get help. Click the "Solution?" icon on the reply that answers your
question. Give "Kudos" to replies that help.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 7 of 7
(3,298 Views)