From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to rotate a 3D object around its end

Down load the code from the example I linked.

Examine the code.

Convince yourself what does what.

Ask yourself how does your req's differ/

Attempt to change the code to meet your needs.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(552 Views)

@ben

While running the VI uploaded by you, it says various modules are missing and asks me

to browse them. I dont have them. What to do. I am using labview 8.6.

Vipin
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(545 Views)

I would suggest you start by looking at the 3D examples that ship with your version of LV. I think the Robot Arm may be a good candidate. There is also a Space Invaders game offered in the LV Community that may show you 3D code in action.

If you don't find what you need in those examples then return to the example I offered and see if you can find the missing VIs. They may not be exactly the same in your version since I suspect the example I posted used the Public Beta version of the 3D tools. AS far as I know all of the functions exposed n the Public Bea version were available in the official released versions but were probably moved inside of VI.lib or renamed.

So the answers should be there if you look hard enough.

Take care,

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 13 of 15
(530 Views)

It seems, Mr. Ben is too tough of a teacher.

Is there anyone else who can show me an easier way. 

Vipin
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(518 Views)

@Vipin_Saklani wrote:

It seems, Mr. Ben is too tough of a teacher.

Is there anyone else who can show me an easier way. 

Fair enough.

You can start another thread and I will promise not to reply in that thread.

If you have a support contract with NI you can also log a call and request an App Engineer find an example.

Ben

Message 15 of 15
(516 Views)