LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to rotate a 3D object around its end

Hi,

I have been working on this problem for past one week but not able to find a solution neither on NI fourm nor on other website. My application is such that

I  need to rotate a 3-D cylinder about an axis passing through its tip as per the input (Axis ordinates and angle) fed to the VI. Set rotation Vi makes the

cylinder move around an axis passing through its middle. I tried various combinations of in put but could not make it my way. 

I have attached a VI (labview 8.6) in which cylinder is otating around a axis passing thorugh its middle. Can someone help me and edit this VI so

that cylinder roatates around its tip.

Thanks. 

Vipin
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(3,217 Views)

Any help..

Its urgent. Smiley Sad

Vipin
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(3,205 Views)

Hi Vipin,

Are you trying to do some thing like this?See the modified attachement.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks as kudos only:)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(3,201 Views)

Hi, thanks for replying. but I am using version 8.6 and am unable to open the attached VI as it is in 9.0 

cud u upload it in a dwncmpatible version (8.6) ? thanks again

Vipin
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(3,192 Views)

Hi vipin,

I just changed the input like the shown fig:-.Please try it with your VI and Reply

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks as kudos only:)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(3,190 Views)

Hi,

Thnks, But still it s not rotating around its end tip. Smiley Sad Changing axis is not helping. I have tried it all. I want to rotate the cylinder like the needle of a watch. where it rotates around its end.

Vipin
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(3,186 Views)

@Vipin Saklani wrote:

Hi,

Thnks, But still it s not rotating around its end tip. Smiley Sad Changing axis is not helping. I have tried it all. I want to rotate the cylinder like the needle of a watch. where it rotates around its end.

In this thread we were talking about redesiging LV for a full 3D experience. I posted code for a new style guage.

In this thread.

I will leave it as "an exercise for the reader" to rotate about the tip rather than the centoer of the base. Smiley Wink

Nobody ever came up with a 3D font yet.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(3,160 Views)

I have tried everything but no success. Will someone post the code or suggest. Smiley Sad

Vipin
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(3,115 Views)

Post images of what your tried (the code as an image) and the results of those attempts.

If I were to take your post literally and you did try everything, then why should I waste my time since you already tried everything.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(3,105 Views)

@Ben

I am sorry buddy but I didnt mean that. I meant I have tried whatever had been suggested in earlier posts in this thread. I have played around with different axis, set rotation and stuff but with no success. I will really appreciate if you give me some hint over it if not a full solution. 

Thanx

Vipin
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(3,097 Views)