LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to hide a single tab in tabcontrol

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, I want to hide a single tab on a multi-tab tabcontrol based on login. If the particular bit is set, show 1st and 3rd and so on. I just gone through help files.I couldn't find any.

Raj. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(19,875 Views)

The Pages" property will return an array of references, one for each tab page. You can index tht array to get the refence to the page you want to hide and then use a "PageVis" property to show/hide the page.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 2 of 13
(19,869 Views)
Solution
Accepted by mohanraj

this may help:

Harold Timmis
htimmis@fit.edu
Orlando,Fl
*Kudos always welcome:)
Message 3 of 13
(19,864 Views)

Hi,

Create a property node with the "pages" property, then you can select the visibility via the "page visible property". See attached jpg.

Christian

Message 4 of 13
(19,863 Views)

Smiley Tongue seems that Ben and Harold where faster!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(19,859 Views)

I think Ben has a big array with all the answers.  He just uses Index Array followed by "Post" and beats those of us who have to think about it and type up an answer.

Lynn 

Message 6 of 13
(19,852 Views)
I think Ben once build a LV application doing the forums for him now.
Message 7 of 13
(19,817 Views)

Smiley Happy Wow..Thank you Ben,Harold and Christian. One problem 3 solutions.Smiley Tongue I got it..and works well. Harold gave us a workable sample too. Thanks Harold.

Johnsold you are right.! Ben never leave us time to think.  An array runs with double clocked CPU..haha 

Thanks Guys..

Message 8 of 13
(19,813 Views)

How did you make the page property with "PageVis." I create a property node but then can only link to things in Pane, aka I can't find how to link to Page

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(17,532 Views)

@EightBit wrote:

How did you make the page property with "PageVis." I create a property node but then can only link to things in Pane, aka I can't find how to link to Page

8bit, you should be aware you replied to a 4 yeaar old solved thread (Not the best way to attract attention- next time feel fre to start a new thread)

Try this:

Example_VI_BD.png

A Tab is a container for "Pages" the Pages each have a "Page.visible" property.  since the pages are in the tab container you cant access there properties directly from the "Pane"

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 10 of 13
(17,522 Views)