cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to calculate slope of XY curve?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I want to calculate the slope of a X-Y curve, for example, amplitude v.s. position. I was trying to use the derivative method but failed. Could anyone help me with this problem? The example vi. is attached.

Regards,

Nicky.

Message 1 of 10
(12,964 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nicky87

Like this

Tim
GHSP
Message 2 of 10
(12,958 Views)

Dang it, too slow...

Try the Linear Fit VI

Message 3 of 10
(12,957 Views)

Although it involves a Rube method as compared to Linear Fit, the attached vi teaches what a slope really is.

- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
Message 4 of 10
(12,889 Views)

Can you post the same solved example with labview 8.2?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(12,566 Views)

Here is an 8.0 version.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(12,549 Views)

Hey

Attached is the Vi.

Could you please help me if I want to find the slope and I want to stop the loop and measurement when the maximum slope has been attained.

Help will be very much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(12,521 Views)

How are you defining "maximum slope".  Is it a simple threadhold (stop when slope >= a set value) or are you looking for the inflection point (calculating on the fly the maximum slope and stopping when it is reached)?  The threshold is a simple comparison.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(12,516 Views)

No it is infection point, as in after getting the measurement value , finding the slope and stopping when the slope is highest as in it has maximum deviation from the previous value.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(12,514 Views)

You should be having a Max limit value so that you can compare on the fly and stop if the max slope is achieved. Check the attached example and also keep it in a single thread

Slope max.png

Good luck 

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(12,488 Views)