From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to automatically download but not run a VI to the RT Platform

I know that using the command line can automaticlly download and run a application builded by zhe Application Builder.but I do not want It to be running.Because I use the VI server to communicate with the RT board.

thank you for your help!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,981 Views)
I am not sure what you are asking.

LV-RT supports FTP opeartions. You could write to the hard drive using FTP VI from the Windows machine.

Plese give more details and I may be able to help,

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,981 Views)
I believe what you are asking is if there is a way to have your VI download into RT-Series memory but not run when executed as an EXE.

The answer is yes. When you build your application, after selecting your top-level VI on the "Source Files" tab, there is a setting on the "VI Settings" tab that allows you to select if any of the VIs in the project should "Run when Opened". The default setting for this property of a VI is FALSE/Off, but when you build it into an application, the application builder turns this TRUE/On for the top-level VI in your project. From the "VI Settings" tab you can click on any VI in the list and edit the settings of your top-level VI and explicitly tell the build to not run your top-level VI when opened, and you should be all set.
Message 3 of 5
(2,981 Views)
Thank your very very much!

What did you say is my really need!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,981 Views)
Thank you!
I got my answer from Jeff B below.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,981 Views)