From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Access Item Names Property of ListBox inside of Cluster?

Solved!
Go to solution

In LabVIEW 2010 I have a Cluster of Controls on the Front Panel. In that Cluster I have a ListBox. How do I access the Item Names Property of the ListBox in my Block Diagram.

From the Cluster, I can get the ListBox, but that returns an I32 value, probably the index of the selected Item.

In the Block Diagram, how can I get the Item Name Property of the ListBox from a Reference to the Cluster?

THANKS.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,000 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author dbaechtel

by using the "controls" array of your cluster, you can access the individual elements. You have then to convert the reference to a "more specific class" using a reference to an arbitrary listbox (or a constant reference of the required type), then you can access all properties of your listbox.

23532i1DB5485E431B7492

THINK G!! 😉
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Using LabView 2010 and 2011 on Mac and Win
Programming in Microsoft Visual C++ (Win), XCode (Mac)
Message 2 of 3
(3,993 Views)

From the original question, I gather that the OP does not know the label name of the listbox item.  The following code will get the labels of all items inside the cluster.

23536i0DE77F409A3C80EF

- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
Message 3 of 3
(3,986 Views)