LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I download Instrument I/O Assistent for Labview 8.0 ?

I have downloaded and installed labview_80.exe and NIDAQ800.zip. I have activated the product.  When I try to use the Instrument I/O Assistant I get and error message that says "Measurement & Automation Explorer or the I/O Assistant is not installed correctly.  Please install these from the Labview Driver CD."  I do not have Cds.  Is there another file I need to download from NI ?  Is all of Labview 8 and its support files downloadedable?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 68
(5,851 Views)
Hi ProfEdyB,
To use the I/O Assistant, you will need the NI-488.2 and the NI-VISA drivers.  I have included links to each of these below.  Once these are installed, you may try to access the IO Assistant again to see if that corrects the problem (have LabVIEW closed completely when installing these drivers).  You may still need a driver CD to get it to work properly.  I have also included a link to an older version of the Driver CD, but this will install an older version of the I/O Assistant.  If these options do not work for you, please call us and request that a driver CD be sent to you.

Best of luck and let me know if you have any other questions or need any additional help on this issue.

Chris R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments

Old Driver CD (ftp access must be enabled): ftp://ftp.ni.com/support/labview/windows/student-edition/7.0/

Chris R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 68
(5,804 Views)

Hi again,

I have zipped the newest driver CD and placed it on our ftp site.  It is a large file (1.01GB), but hopefully you will be able to quickly get access to the CD this way.  Go to ftp.ni.com and browse to the outgoing folder.  (ftp access must be allowed on your computer) The .zip file is in a folder called "## Driver CD Dec 05 ##".  It should be listed first if the folders are sorted by Name.  Just unzip the file, find the setup.exe file, and run it.  When running the driver CD (it will take a while to initialize, so start it when you have some time (~10 min)), make sure the I/O Assistant is set to install from the Feature tree.  If you have any questions or trouble, just let me know!  Good luck and have a great day!

Chris R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments

Chris R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 3 of 68
(5,795 Views)
Chris,

Thank you for the help.  I currently have loaded with LabVIEW8 VISA version 3.4.1, MAX version 4, and 488.2 Version 2.4.  I beleive  the I/O Asisstant is version 1.0.1.

With this configuaration I have been unable to get the I/O assistant to work on several differrent machines. I get an error message that says either MAX of IOA is not loaded properly and to relaod it from CD.  I have had a few E-mails with Angela M. from tech support to try and resolve the problem, but so far to no avail.  I will try downloading the new drivers you have posted.

Thanks Again.

Message Edited by Support on 12-08-2005 03:21 PM

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 68
(5,782 Views)

Hello,

Yes, I spoke with Angela about this issue, so we have been working together on it.  We decided to zip the file and put it on the ftp site even though it was a very large download.  I/O Assistant 2.0 is the current version and it is recommended over 1.01.  With the new driver CD, version 2.0 will install.  Let me know if you have any trouble.  Have a great day!

Chris R.
Chris R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 5 of 68
(5,778 Views)
Thank You.  Problem Resolved.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 68
(5,762 Views)
That's great news!  Thanks for the update and best of luck with your application!

Chris R.
Chris R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 68
(5,758 Views)
How come I can't find the driver CD file in the outgoing folder at ftp.ni.com at all? Chris, could you please reput the file at the ftp space?
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 68
(5,663 Views)
I found the "Driver CD Dec05.zip" under the folder /outgoing/JamesChurch. However, it requires unzip password.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 68
(5,661 Views)
We clear off the ftp site occasionally to prevent it from getting too full.  I have placed the driver CD back on the ftp site.  This one should open fine without a password.  Whoever put up the driver CD you found must have had a reason to do so.   Let me know if you have any trouble with the file I just put up for you!  Best of luck!

Chris R.
Chris R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 68
(5,644 Views)