LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I download Instrument I/O Assistent for Labview 8.0 ?

I'm sure this is all beginning to sound like a broken record to you guys, but I'm having the same problem. I'm running the evaluation version of LabVIEW 8.0, and when I try to use the I/O Assistant I get the following message:

Measurement & Automation Explorer or the Instrument I/O Assistant is not installed correctly. Please install these from the LabVIEW Driver CD.

Since it's the evaluation version I have no driver CD, and the IIOA version 1.0.1 found at  http://digital.ni.com/softlib.nsf/websearch/F3CA0298C715BCD886256E82005758E5?opendocument&node=13205...  does not solve the problem.

If downloading the driver CD is the only solution, I'd appreciate it if someone could reup that. If there is a less bandwidth intensive solution, then I'd appreciate that too 🙂

Thanks again,
Alex

Message Edited by AlexK on 07-10-2006 09:34 AM

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 68
(1,667 Views)
Hi Alex,
There is no problem at all!  I have copied the driver CD back to the ftp site with the same folder name, "## Driver CD May 06 ##.
Please let me know if you have any trouble!

Best of luck and have a great day!
Chris R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 68
(1,649 Views)
That fixed it, thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 68
(1,631 Views)
Hi Chris!

After a long time scanning the forum and knowledgebase trying to find an answer to my problems, this seems to be it. I'm having the same difficulties as described above. Do you think you can upload the Driver CD again?

Thanks
Henrik
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 68
(1,537 Views)

Hi Henrik,

Of course!  I just uploaded the CD for you.  It is in the folder named "## Driver CD August 06 ##".  Let me know if you have any trouble!

Have a great day!

Chris R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 68
(1,531 Views)

Hi,

I'm trying to communicate with my TDS744A-scope using a NI GPIB-USB-HS, but I seem to have the same problem as everyone else. Do you think you could upload the file again?

Thanks

Marcus

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 68
(1,490 Views)

Hi Marcus,

Of course!  I have just uploaded it for you.  It's in a folder called ## Driver CD August 06 ##.  If you have any trouble with it, let me know!  Have a great day!!

Chris R.

Chris R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 68
(1,477 Views)
hi Chris_R. ,

this might be a stupid question but is it even possible to run the I/O-Assistant on a linux-System (provided the drivers are installed)?
i haven't tried to install them yet as all hints i could find were pointing to the Assistant beeing a windoze application... 😐

thx in advance

Matthias R.
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 68
(1,424 Views)
Hi Matthias,

Unfortunately, as you suspected, as of now, the Instrument I/O Assistant is not available in Linux. If you want to move code that you have developed in Windows, using this I/O Assistant, to a Linux machine, you need to save your code as a source distribution and include the vi.lib files and then move all of this across operating systems.  I encourage you to file a product suggestion at ni.com/ask to request this feature for a future release.

I hope this answers your question, but let me know if it didn't!

Message Edited by Chris_R. on 11-14-2006 05:40 PM

Chris R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 68
(1,403 Views)
Hi Chris,

I am getting the same error message for the Instrument I/O Assistant for Labview 8.0. Can you please upload the labview driver again?

Thanks,

Orlando
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 68
(1,381 Views)