From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get voltage data with time (start from 0)

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am looking to acquire voltage data over a period of time and export it to an Excel spreadsheet.

The first column of the spreadsheet should show the time in seconds, starting from zero, and the second column should show the voltage.

I am using LabVIEW 2015 (32-bit) in conjunction with an NI USB-6009 device on a Windows 11 operating system and MS Office 2019.

Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Plu

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(910 Views)

Learn LabVIEW.  What you are describing is what LabVIEW does extremely well, and also where it got its name (it's an acronym, and the capitalization is important).  There are suggested Learning Materials the first page of this Forum, as well as videos on the Web.  Since you reference "2015 LabVIEW Student Design Projects", staying awake in a LabVIEW class, doing the homework, asking questions in class, and collaborating with your fellow students (and any helpful graduate students hanging around) is another excellent way to learn.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(892 Views)

@PuriK. wrote:

Hello,

I am looking to acquire voltage data over a period of time and export it to an Excel spreadsheet.

The first column of the spreadsheet should show the time in seconds, starting from zero, and the second column should show the voltage.

I am using LabVIEW 2015 (32-bit) in conjunction with an NI USB-6009 device on a Windows 11 operating system and MS Office 2019.

Thank you.

Plu

Wait, what? using LV2015 32 bit on Win11? If it works, good for you, if it doesn't, nothing surprising as it is not officially supported on Win11.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(875 Views)
Solution
Accepted by PuriK.

Hi Puri,

@PuriK. wrote:

Several notes on your VI:

Get rid of those sequence frames, you don't need them!

Why do you initialize an array the same size of another array, just to replace the content of that fresh array by the values from that another array??? That's pure Rube-Goldberg!

Why do you write to Excel when creating CSV files is so much easier?

Why do you use a wait function inside that DAQ loop when you can reach the same much better when requesting a fixed amount of samples from DAQmxRead?

Why do you convert a cluster constant into an array and then reshape that array? Why not use an array constant in the first place???

On your question:

You know the samplerate so you can easily create your time scale/ramp! All you need to do is to multiply the element index by dt…

Suggestion:

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 4 of 5
(867 Views)

Thank you so much for your help! 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(844 Views)