From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yokogawa driver MX100

I am hoping someone out there is using these drivers and can give me a jump start. I am located in NY and my client and the hardware (MX100) are located 5 or 600 miles away in Toronto so I have no access to try anything out. We are working with LabVIEW 2011 / Windows7. My client is running LV executables via the runtime engine. I built the "getting Started" example and it runs fine (in Toronto) so that is good for starters. The example has a scaler numeric input for channel number (not a string or array). All I want to do is scan 19 channels once every 2 seconds - all scaling and display/storage I will handle in LabVIEW. I have tried enclosing the central DAQ code in a FOR loop and feeding an array of channel numbers but my client reports that this is not working. I have considered replacing the stop button with a hardwired TRUE constant forcing the example to take a single reading, and calling the entire example 19 times but that seems REALLY inefficient. Yokogawa's documentation and nomenclature both stink. If I had the equipment in front of me I could sort this out eventually but that is not the case. Is anybody out there doing a single scan of multiple channels with this driver? Some insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

lmd2

Lawrence M. David Jr.
Certified LabVIEW Architect
cell: 516.819.9711
http://www.aleconsultants.com
larry@aleconsultants.com
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,744 Views)

Hello, lmd2
i am new to labview and currently trying to learn and make a sample program for this device, i know this is an old post and i am sorry for any inconvinience beforehand. 
i have the the same problem, my client needs to read measurement from each channel they enabled every 6 second. since fifo data vi doesnt have 6 second read interval, so i need to check which channel he enabled and read the measurement, what i have tried is to use 3 of the get channel data example to read 3 different channel but when i probe the measurement data for e.g channel 1 it should give me array of single data for that channel only but in my case it gives array of multiple data of same value (possibly duplicate of channel 1 data), and same for the other 2 channel. i wonder if you have solved this ? is this possible with the drivers or u need to edit it?

Any advice / help would be appreciated

Thanks,
Dedofin

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(1,376 Views)

Hello,I have the same program ,what i need is 60CH temp DAQ,but i dont no how to acquire all the 60CH in one cycle, help!!!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,090 Views)

did you find the solution about how to read values of multiple channels about MX100?

i have searched MX100 drivers from NI server, i am not sure which one worked, my idea is building a for loop, read each channel , but it runs slowly.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(948 Views)

Download from NI instrument driver network:

Yokogawa MX100 

George Zou
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(938 Views)

i have download MX100  already.

it supplys examples about how to get value of one channel,however i could not find how

to read multiple channel values, i have searched “configure” VI documents, i could not confirm which one could configurate channel numbers,because The VI show Channel number is single number

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(916 Views)