cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picture Box

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all.

I have few photos that i wish to present to the user.

I want this to present only one photo (each photo has its own case to why it is needed to be presented).

Also, it is needed that the photos will be pasted to the front panel, because I can only have the VI files, so the picture file must be part of the VI.

In my understand and some reading here I need to use picture box, but I couldnt figure how to you use.

I basicly want to put few photos on one and other (meaning all the photos will be exactly in the same place) and to allow visibility of all one of them to the user.

I hope I understood it properly.

If there is a better way of implementing this situatiod I would love to hear it.

Thanks 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,319 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author DannyShulman

Hi Danny,

some methods include:

- put your images into a picture ring. This will alow you easily to show just one image at a time to the user…

- load your images using the picture file functions. Show them in a 2D picture indicator. Create a constant of that picture indicator for each image. Now you have several block diagram constants, each containing an image of your selection. Show those images in a picture indicator by selecting the constants in a case structure…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 6
(3,310 Views)

Thank you my friend.

Could you please just tell me how to I select in the picture ring which picture to show?

For example I wish to take a boolean array and based on the location of the true value to show the user the picture of the index.

If the location is in the second place then I want to show him the second picture in the picture ring (the second image that i added using the "import picture after".

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,303 Views)

I managed to figure it by myself 🙂

thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,293 Views)

Dear Danny

I am new in labview and have the same problem.

In my application I need to display an empty picture box when app starts.  when user hits a physical switch (I am reading it using a DAQ card) a picture (say randomly selected out of a couple of pictures) should be displayed in the same picture box for some time then disapear again.

I tried using case structure and it works fine when using the box in just one occasion. But I need to have access to the same box, (or draw a box in a specified area of front pannel) in different times and locations of my block diagram.

Could you please share the way you managed to solve the problem?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,078 Views)

Hi Mo,

most often it doesn't make sense to resurrect a thread with the last message from 9 years ago…

@Mo_Mehr wrote:

I tried using case structure and it works fine when using the box in just one occasion. But I need to have access to the same box, (or draw a box in a specified area of front pannel) in different times and locations of my block diagram.

This sounds like you forgot to place a loop in your code.

Unfortunately you (also) forgot to attach your VI…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,052 Views)