cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Front Panel Control Formatting from Sub VI

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, 

I am having a little trouble transferring the formatting from a front subvi table to the main vi. 
I'm trying to use a table control to display different alarms. Each alarm level is color coded. 

That part seems work well within the sub vi. [this sub vi, identifies the type of alarm and it handles the ACK, and alarm history]
First I was using a cluster and this seemed to work fine -color code done by using a background button-, but it was not very pretty. [space left by the array]
I also tried using Embedded Panels, but I get an error 1000. [VI uses a State machine and it might need re-designing to work as embedded panel]

So the question is: Is there a way to transfer the formatting that is done inside the subVI to the caller VI displaying the table?

Thank you

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,840 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ceibanez

The only way a subVI can control another panel's control is if you send that subVI the reference to the specific control you want it to modify. Then you can use property nodes to change the display.

Message 2 of 3
(1,822 Views)

Thank you. That is what I thought, but I was hoping there was another way. I'll implemented that way. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,786 Views)