From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extract Single Tone Information from Hann Spectrum

I need to examine the details of "Extract Single Tone Information from Hann Spectrum.vi" but i couldn't because it is password protected. How can i remove this password?Is it NIs strategy to set the password to some vi's?.Or is there any other function behaving like "Extract Single Tone Information from Hann Spectrum.vi" so that i can see inside?
Regards.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(6,266 Views)
The VI is password protected due to a combination of patents pending and intellectual properties. The code is written in LabVIEW but as you probably noticed most the low-level analysis functions (like FFT) are included in a .dll file that you can't read either. This is just a special case where we decided to keep the original source code in LabVIEW but consider the feature a low-level code.

Let me know what details you are interested in and I'll provide you with the necessary information.

Regards,
The Designer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(6,266 Views)
I need to implement this function in MATLAB,but I don't know how it works. I put necessary data to its inputs and saw the results but I failed to obtain same results in MATLAB. So, If you send me the details of the function I would be grateful. Best Regards.

Cengiz Eken
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(6,266 Views)
I have attached a Power-Point presentation from NI-Week 1999 that describes the algorithm concept and performances. Note that the function shipping with LabVIEW is more complex (and more accurate) than the one described, but I hope this will give you a good idea on how things are implemented.
Message 4 of 7
(6,266 Views)
Thank you for your halp and .ppt file. I have just completed implementing the code in MATLAB, thanks to you,great.
Regards.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(6,266 Views)

I need you help,can you share your matlab code? Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,064 Views)

Hi lishoujie,

do you really think you will get MATLAB code in a LabVIEW board, asking in a 14 year old thread? (TMM was active the last time in this forum 7 years ago!)

When you need help you should create a new thread and describe the problem you want to solve (with LabVIEW)!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,057 Views)