cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Example for Defer Panel Update

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey guys,

could someone post an example of how to use the 'Defer Panel Update' property. I am having Problems to understand when and how it is used. The LV help is not very informative. Would be great to have an example vi.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(7,711 Views)

Here you are, I hope it useful

grafik.png

Regards, Jens

Kudos are welcome...
Message 2 of 13
(7,681 Views)

thanks! Could you explain, what is exactly the advantage if i use it when changing for example the color of a graph. What happens differently in the two cases? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(7,672 Views)

If you do a lot of changes (eg. change several settings of several plots) it will take considerably longer without defer panel update, because each (!) setting of a property (even if you combine several properties in one node) will lead to an update of the front panel.

Regards, Jens

Kudos are welcome...
Message 4 of 13
(7,665 Views)

Defer Panel Updates makes LV not synchronise UI actions with the screen updates.

Try inserting 200 (or 2000) items to a tree control. It will take forever. Turn Defer Panel Updates on, and it's done in a flash (well, much faster).

Even updating values with a property node makes each "write" synchronise with the screen. So updating a control with a property node 6000 times might take a relative long time (notice the flashing). Try Defer Panel Updates on and off, and see the difference.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(7,664 Views)

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361H-01/lvprop/pnl_defer_pnl_updts/

If Tetris has taught me anything, it's errors pile up and accomplishments disappear.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(7,655 Views)

Could someone post two simple vis where you see the difference (with and without deferpanelupdate) ?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(7,623 Views)
Solution
Accepted by volfi

You really need an example after all the input you got?

OK, here's a very simple one.

Regards, Jens

Kudos are welcome...
Message 8 of 13
(7,612 Views)

@jg69 wrote:

You really need an example after all the input you got?

OK, here's a very simple one.

Regards, Jens

Kudo for your patience. (But he did ask for two VI's...)

Message 9 of 13
(7,605 Views)

Kudo for your patience. (But he did ask for two VI's...)

Well, he can start it two times with two different settings for the Boolean in the front panel. Smiley Happy

Kudos are welcome...
Message 10 of 13
(7,588 Views)