LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Rings

Error rings are cool, but not cool enough.  Within each family, the errors are organized by number.  However I have neglected to memorize the error codes (worse yet, I refuse to do so).  And I hate hunting through the list for the desired description. So I built this utility that does the searching for me.  Use it as follows:

1. Run "Set_Error_Ring.vi" (in "Error_Ring.llb").  Or better yet, put "Error_Ring.llb" in ...\Labview 2012\Projects\, then the next time you run LV, "Set_Error_Ring" will be in the "Tools" menu.

2. Select an error ring on an open BD (single-click with the selection tool).

3. On the FP of "Set_Error_Ring.vi", select the error family.

4. Type in a regular expression to search list of descriptions; the error list will be filtered as you type.

5. Double-click on the desired error in the list.  The error ring will be updated.

Note: This code breaks some rules, and may not work in the next version of LV.

Message 1 of 3
(3,749 Views)

This has been useful thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,402 Views)

Wow this is really neat work, I'm not sure how I missed it all these years.  That being said there have been some improvements in LabVIEW since 2012, and so I took some of the code here, and turned it into a right click plugin for LabVIEW 2015 and newer.  It is posted here.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Shortcut-Menu-Plug-Ins/Error-Ring-Search/ta-p/3715693

After installing that you can right click an Error Ring, and choose search, then type in a string and double click it which will set the error ring to that error.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,375 Views)