From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Directshow .NET SDK

I am trying to stream an AVI video to a Blackmagic SDI device.  It is directshow compatible so I am trying to use the DirectShow .NET SDK which basically wraps all of the DirectShow filters. 

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Example-Program-Drafts/DirectShow-NET-LabVIEW-SDK-Video-Audio-IP-streams/ta...

have been able to use GraphEdit to output to my SDI device but have not been able to get very far with the .NET SDK.  I have installed the Windows 7 SDK but seem to be having problems right off the bat with an AVIReader constructor.  I get an error 1172 'Class not registered'.  Is this something I need to manage manually using Regsrv? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,004 Views)

Hi viScience,

The link that you posted does not work for me. Do you mind reposting that?

Best,

BrandonN

Applications Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,958 Views)

I'm pretty sure regsvr is an ActiveX thing, not a .net. For . net, there is regasm. See this. Never needed to use it though.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,952 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,948 Views)

I would be happy if anyone could demonstrate a working DirectShow Playback vi.  After working on this on and off for a month I can only get AVI playback to work in GraphEdit and some demo C code from Blackmagic (the company that makes my SDI USB video device) but nothing in LabVIEW 😞

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,919 Views)

viScience,

Have you tried registering the libraries? If you haven't, this link runs over that, but you can also try regasm as mentioned previously:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/4F811A9B23F1D46E862566F700615B7A?OpenDocument

What LabVIEW version are you using? 

You can also try to:

-Reinstall the Windows SDK, DirectShow and DirectX libraries

-Run LabVIEW as an administrator

BrandonN

Applications Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,902 Views)