LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed Movement For Loop

One thing that I see is that the timeout has nothing in it so you really do not need the 250 msec timeoue for the timeout in the event structure.

Why the loop keeps going to INI Step.

Example.png

You need to make this blank or have it go to the default state. Right now you have it going to the INI VI state every time it goes through this. So it is an endless loop.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(307 Views)

Hey Tim,

I disabled the VI INI to try and break the loop, but can't. Even when its not lit, its seems to be sending something to the array and returning to VI INI.

If I can make it blank somehow, will the program automatically go to the default case?

Or should I specifically call my first case something and then call it? Wouldn't I then, however, have to call it after every execution?

Also I am totally at a loss why this would suddenly be an issue...any ideas?

Thanks!
Nathan

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(304 Views)

@nathanja wrote:

Hey Tim,

I disabled the VI INI to try and break the loop, but can't. Even when its not lit, its seems to be sending something to the array and returning to VI INI.

If I can make it blank somehow, will the program automatically go to the default case?

Or should I specifically call my first case something and then call it? Wouldn't I then, however, have to call it after every execution?

Also I am totally at a loss why this would suddenly be an issue...any ideas?

Thanks!
Nathan

It should that is the way I designed it.

you should not have to call the first case. In fact in some of my more sophisticated programs that would be bad. If nothing is sent it should go to the Message Dispatcher or default case. I did notice that you removed that name but that should not have an effect. Make sure the array in the VI INI case is null.

If you changed the typ def and removed a case without deleting it first in the diagram that might cause a problem. I have in the past seen when you rearrange the cases that it could cause a problem as well. It seems to have gotten fixed in version 10 of LabVIEW. 

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(294 Views)