LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data acquisition using Labview FPGA

I am using a VI to continuously acquire data for a long period of time and logging that same data onto a hard disk. The hardware which I am using is NI cDAQ-9134 and NI9223 card. Earlier the files were getting logged onto the hard disk connected to cDAQ and working fine but since I want the data to be stored locally onto my PC's hard disk, I changed the path to a folder on my PC. Now, I am facing the error-201304 at DAQmx Start Task. This error was earlier not coming when the location was set to the hard disk which is connected to the chassis but now it is coming with that too. I am attaching the screenshot of the VI. 

Please help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(2,574 Views)

Hi dhananjay,

error -201304 says "invalid filepath": what is the filepath you are using/generating?

And why do you generate that filepath in such a Rube-Goldberg way? Why not simply format that correctly?

check.png

No need to filter invalid chars multiple times and using several ConcatString functions!

but since I want the data to be stored locally onto my PC's hard disk, I changed the path to a folder on my PC

When the VI is executed within the cDAQ then it will have NO access to your PC's harddrive.

Why did you mention "FPGA" in the thread title?

Btw.:

- Cleaning up that block diagram isn't your most important task, isn't it?

- Don't set the "number of samples" at DAQmxTiming, let DAQmx handle that on its own! (Read the help!)

- You don't need those constants at IndexArray.

- Do you really need to display the same data in several graphs?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(2,559 Views)

hi GerdW,

thanks for replying, please have a look at the screenshot below, I'm sorry I attached the old VI over there. Data that I have has multiple channels because of which I am using index array and the sub.jpeg part in the VI is used to generate the file name for each 1 minute file.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(2,545 Views)

Hi dhananjay,

I attached the old VI over there.

You did not attach any VI. All you show are images of code: we cannot debug images using LabVIEW!

And you didn't answer my question:

what is the filepath you are using/generating?

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(2,536 Views)

here you go, the vi is attached below. 

and the file path is set to media location of the chassis ie, set to hard disk connected to the chassis. "media/sdc1/newtry"

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(2,534 Views)

Hi dhananjay,

"media/sdc1/newtry"

Can you create a file in this folder using any other file function?

Does that folder already exist?

(Lately I'm using mostly Linux-based cRIOs, where you access the harddisc/USB thumbdrives using the c: or u: shortcuts…)

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(2,530 Views)

I'm using the daqmx configure logging vi, i.e low level vi; any other way to save the file is just using high-level VI using which I'll again face this error.

and yes the folder newtry is already created.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(2,527 Views)

Hi dhananjay,

any other way to save the file is just using high-level VI using which I'll again face this error.

So any file function you use is giving this specific error?

Then the qeustions are:

- Is the filepath correctly given in your VI?

- Does LabVIEW has access (rights) to that folder?

- How much space is left available in your harddrive?

What happens when you create a new folder programmatically in your VI and try to save into this folder?

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(2,520 Views)

1. yes, the file path is correct.

2. I believe so yes, LabVIEW does have access to the folder. I have mapped the drive to the pc using network map drive.

3. Hard disk has almost 500gb left on it

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(2,517 Views)

can we get in touch using teamviewer?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(2,516 Views)