LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I2C on a cDAQ

Hello,

I have seen the Whitepaper regarding I2C modules but they seem to be strictly for FPGAs.  Is I2C a possibility with cDAQs?  I could definitely see that being a "no" seeing as how the code is all remote.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,034 Views)

Hi Dose,

apart from your question: you might use an Arduino as a cheap I2C-to-COMport bridge…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,980 Views)

I am a big fan of the USB-845x devices from NI, which can handle SPI and I2C as well as some additional DIO.  A little on the pricey side, but they work beautifully.

I have also had success using a VirtualBench as an I2C master, assuming you also need a DMM, oscilloscope, logic analyzer, power supply, and/or more DIO.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,976 Views)

@GerdW wrote:

Hi Dose,

apart from your question: you might use an Arduino as a cheap I2C-to-COMport bridge…

This was actually one of the ideas we've put into our AoA.  Arduino/Pic.  But we only want a single controller.  So if I got with Micro option, then no cDAQ.  And I'm personally falling in love with the idea of all code being on the remote machine.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,966 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

I am a big fan of the USB-845x devices from NI, which can handle SPI and I2C as well as some additional DIO.  A little on the pricey side, but they work beautifully.

I have also had success using a VirtualBench as an I2C master, assuming you also need a DMM, oscilloscope, logic analyzer, power supply, and/or more DIO.

Definitely considered these, but for our needs, not enough DIO.  

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,965 Views)