cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQmx Routing Counter Signals

Solved!
Go to solution

Folks,

I'm having trouble figuring out how to change the routing of Counter inputs on a cDAQ-9174 chassis.

There are two NI-9401 modules in the chassis, one is used for inputs from a rotary encoder.

In this posting (first one on page), Tom W mentions using a DAQmx Channel Property Node to select the input terminals.

In the attached file Count Task, I placed a DAQmx Channel Property Node.

I don't get any routing options when I use this property node. What am I doing wrong?

Software environment: LV2010, DAQmx 9.2.3, Max 4.7.7

I have attached a config file that you can import to MAX to create a simulated cDAQ chassis with modules.

Thanks,

steve

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the forum when you get help. Click the "Solution?" icon on the reply that answers your
question. Give "Kudos" to replies that help.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,719 Views)

steve,

Is this the kind of thing you need?

-Kevin P

ctr input terms.png

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
Message 2 of 6
(2,704 Views)

Kevin,

Yes, that is exactly what I was trying to do. However, I could not get the "CI" options when using a Simulated cDAQ Chassis on my office computer. I had to go to my laptop (which had been connected to the hardware) to get the DAQmx Channel Node to show the "CI" (and other) options.

This seems like a bug to me.

Once I moved the vi from the laptop to the office computer, the DAQmx Channel Node retained the "CI" properties but will not let me modify them. The only available properties are: Active Channels, Analog Input, and General Properties.  It does run without error in the simulated environment.

Questions for you:

How did you create the DAQmx Channel Node?

Did you use a simulated chassis? If yes, what versions of software are you using?

('m wondering if this issue has been fixed in a later DAQmx or MAX version.)

Thank you,

steve

Help the forum when you get help. Click the "Solution?" icon on the reply that answers your
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,692 Views)

Hmm, I've never run into symptoms like the ones you describe.  Answers to your questions:

- The DAQmx channel property node is on the top level of the DAQmx palette.   If you don't see it, try right-clicking your block diagram, pin the palette, and choose the "Customize" button.  Then pick "Change visible palettes...".   I typically just make them all visible. 

- I didn't set up a simulated chassis to show you the screenshot.  I just dropped a node and selected the properties.  I *have* set up a simulated chassis in the past and didn't run into anything strange.

- I use an somewhat older DAQmx that shipped with LV2010 because that's the primary platform we support. 

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,680 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author stevem181

Hi Steve,

Please double check that your property node filter setting is "Show Attributes for Configured Devices": Missing Properties in DAQmx Property Nodes

Brad

---
Brad Keryan
NI R&D
Message 5 of 6
(2,669 Views)

Bingo! That solved the issue Brad. I did not know about that setting.

Thank you,

steve

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,661 Views)