From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQmx Routing Counter Signals

Solved!
Go to solution

Folks,

I'm having trouble figuring out how to change the routing of Counter inputs on a cDAQ-9174 chassis.

There are two NI-9401 modules in the chassis, one is used for inputs from a rotary encoder.

In this posting (first one on page), Tom W mentions using a DAQmx Channel Property Node to select the input terminals.

In the attached file Count Task, I placed a DAQmx Channel Property Node.

I don't get any routing options when I use this property node. What am I doing wrong?

Software environment: LV2010, DAQmx 9.2.3, Max 4.7.7

I have attached a config file that you can import to MAX to create a simulated cDAQ chassis with modules.

Thanks,

steve

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the forum when you get help. Click the "Solution?" icon on the reply that answers your
question. Give "Kudos" to replies that help.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,717 Views)

steve,

Is this the kind of thing you need?

-Kevin P

ctr input terms.png

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
Message 2 of 6
(2,702 Views)

Kevin,

Yes, that is exactly what I was trying to do. However, I could not get the "CI" options when using a Simulated cDAQ Chassis on my office computer. I had to go to my laptop (which had been connected to the hardware) to get the DAQmx Channel Node to show the "CI" (and other) options.

This seems like a bug to me.

Once I moved the vi from the laptop to the office computer, the DAQmx Channel Node retained the "CI" properties but will not let me modify them. The only available properties are: Active Channels, Analog Input, and General Properties.  It does run without error in the simulated environment.

Questions for you:

How did you create the DAQmx Channel Node?

Did you use a simulated chassis? If yes, what versions of software are you using?

('m wondering if this issue has been fixed in a later DAQmx or MAX version.)

Thank you,

steve

Help the forum when you get help. Click the "Solution?" icon on the reply that answers your
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,690 Views)

Hmm, I've never run into symptoms like the ones you describe.  Answers to your questions:

- The DAQmx channel property node is on the top level of the DAQmx palette.   If you don't see it, try right-clicking your block diagram, pin the palette, and choose the "Customize" button.  Then pick "Change visible palettes...".   I typically just make them all visible. 

- I didn't set up a simulated chassis to show you the screenshot.  I just dropped a node and selected the properties.  I *have* set up a simulated chassis in the past and didn't run into anything strange.

- I use an somewhat older DAQmx that shipped with LV2010 because that's the primary platform we support. 

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,678 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author stevem181

Hi Steve,

Please double check that your property node filter setting is "Show Attributes for Configured Devices": Missing Properties in DAQmx Property Nodes

Brad

---
Brad Keryan
NI R&D
Message 5 of 6
(2,667 Views)

Bingo! That solved the issue Brad. I did not know about that setting.

Thank you,

steve

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,659 Views)