LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom errors: is there a way to make Error Code Editor read a file inside the project directory?

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm trying to use the Error Code Editor tool ("Tools > Advanced > Edit Error Codes...") to create a CustomFile-errors.txt file inside "My Project directory", i.e., outside user.lib

Is this possible?

Notes:

1. The "CustomFile-errors.txt" is inside the project directory "...\project\erros\CustomFile-errors.txt"

2. When executing the main.vi inside the directory "CustomErrors (vi)" in LabVIEW, the custom error text isn't displayed... unless the file "CustomFile-errors.txt" is placed inside user.lib

Error undefined when *-errors.txt is outside user.libError undefined when *-errors.txt is outside user.lib

3. When executing the .exe file inside "CustomErrors (application)" the custom error message is displayed normally

4. The .zip files have an example of what I'm trying to do

The custom error message is displayed normally with the .exe fileThe custom error message is displayed normally with the .exe file

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(733 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mthheitor

@mthheitor wrote:

I'm trying to use the Error Code Editor tool ("Tools > Advanced > Edit Error Codes...") to create a CustomFile-errors.txt file inside "My Project directory", i.e., outside user.lib

Is this possible?

I don't think so:

Make custom error code files part of a project - NI Community

Project error code files ... - NI Community

Message 2 of 2
(692 Views)