cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Correlation Plots

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello NI Discussion Board Community!

I am trying to create correlation plots of data. I want to compare more than one plot. The goal of the project is to have data align along the x axis where the plots most accurately correlate to eachother. I created a program to start and comparing each plot with the plot before it but I am not sure how the Rxy can help me with a solution.

CLD Certified 2014
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,858 Views)

ADrexelDragon:

Have you already looked at the Detailed help from the Context Help box on this function? If not,
press Ctrl+h in LabVIEW and hover over the CrossCorrelation VI. Inside the Context Help box,
click on Detailed help. This describes how the VI works along with its expected input and
output. It sounds like you are unclear as to whether this VI is appropriate for your application. If so,
please read through this to determine whether or not that is what you are looking for. If it is not,
please clarify what kind of plot comparison you are trying to perform.

If this VI is appropriate for your application, do you have a specific question about Rxy? Also, I
am not sure what you mean by "have data align along the x axis." Can you please explain that further?

Let me know if you have any questions. I look forward to hearing back from you.

Tori W.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,836 Views)

I have simplified the VI a bit to demonstrate the idea.

I tried to line up the plots where they correlate the most. One plot I used by finding the maximum of the Rxy while the other I used finding where the Rxy first does

not equal zero. To me it looks as if the second method works better.

I want to be able to do this to more than 2 plots, have a check box as the normalized one. The rest align to that.

CLD Certified 2014
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,831 Views)

ADrexelDragon:

You should have no problem adding more graphs to this. Simply continue to expand and add more arrays
going into your Correlation Graph. For displaying the normalized graph, have you looked to see if there
are any property nodes for this? I will continue looking and let you know if I find one. Your second
graph looks good as long as it accomplishes what you need. Let me know if there are any questions.

Tori W.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,814 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ADrexelDragon

ADrexelDragon:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/B8F164BCE70F68CE8525645D007523BB

Please take a look at this article for ideas on how to turn off the normalized plot on your XY Graph or
Chart. I wish you the best with the rest of your application.

Tori W.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,791 Views)