From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0-30mv Sensor Output

Hi.  I'm new to labview and data acquisition so please excuse the newbie question:

What is the best way to read a 0-30mv output from a load cell or strain gauge?  Does NI make DAQs for this voltage range?  Can the same DAQ be used as would be for reading a 0-5V signal (is the accruacy of the DAQs enough to get good readings from a 0-30mV device).

Thank you for any help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,596 Views)

Without getting too deep into the electronics, basically, you need a load cell amplifier, or strain gauge amplifer. Google it. With an amplpifer, you can "convert" the 0..30mV to 0..5V or similar.

What DAQ are you using?

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,578 Views)

Thanks Arrow.  After your reply I started to look at the 9237 Module.  It looks fairly straight-forward... any experience with them?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,557 Views)

No direct experience with that module (24-bit), but I have used other bridge input modules.

The 9237 bundle would certainly make a nice rig.

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,545 Views)

I agree with Arrow on the 9237 module for bridge measurements.  If you have any further questions on the device please feel free to post them here and I'd be happy to help.  

Regards,

Ben N.
Applications Engineering
ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,534 Views)