LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cool stuff in LV8

About really cool stuff in LV8  (and even not only for LV8 !! ;))

What about that ?

As usual OpenG rocks, I can't wait till the final release 🙂 !

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

Message 11 of 17
(1,316 Views)

"TiTou" <x@no.email> wrote in message news:1153746608691-395194@exchange.ni.com...
About really cool stuff in LV8&nbsp; (and even not only for LV8 !! ;)) What about <a href="http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&amp;message.id=197016" target="_blank">that</a> ? As usual OpenG rocks, I can't wait till the final release 🙂 !

Commercial messages used to be frowned upon... Has this changed? I have a few myself.

Regards,

Wiebe.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(1,302 Views)
OpenG has always been totally free and very usefull, that´s open source !

VIPM looks grand and there is free version...  Is this really so commercial that it should be removed from the forum ? I think quite a lot of people here use OpenG and are happy with it, at leat I am. The idea of my previous post was just to share OpenG with those who could be interested.
I am not a share-holder of Jim´s company 😄 !

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

Message 13 of 17
(1,285 Views)
I think the problem might be seen as linking to a product (with a free as in free beer version) which is to be sold.

OpenG itself isn't a problem.

But VIPM isn't OpenG.

Shane.
Using LV 6.1 and 8.2.1 on W2k (SP4) and WXP (SP2)
Message 14 of 17
(1,282 Views)

Although advertising is technically a violation of the terms of use, blah blah, blah...

I am not bothered by a small announcements from active contributors to the community.

And YES I "live in a glass house".

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 15 of 17
(1,247 Views)
Hi,

It wasn't big enough to respond to the original VIPM message, and it was definitely not a sneer at you, TiTou. There where some more commercial messages lately, and OpenG related stuff should get more tollerance then those posts.

The forum is a good platform to announce products (at least from the seller's point of view). And since I am a seller, my question was a serious question, although I admit, a bit provocative.

Regards,

Wiebe.

"TiTou" <x@no.email> wrote in message news:1153752008007-395248@exchange.ni.com...
OpenG has always been totally free and very usefull, that´s open source !VIPM looks grand and there is free version...&nbsp; Is this really so commercial that it should be removed from the forum ? I think quite a lot of people here use OpenG and are happy with it, at leat I am. The idea of my previous post was just to share OpenG with those who could be interested.I am not a share-holder of Jim´s company 😄 !
Message 16 of 17
(1,216 Views)
No worries Wiebe ;),

As Ben pointed, small announcment made by an active OpenG developper is something we can live with even if it's technically forbidden ; at least this is my opinion as an OpenG user.

Now I also understand your remark and wouldn't happy to see many people annoucing products here, this is definitely not the place.

Keep sharing 😉

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(1,210 Views)