From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting to hexadecimal string

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everyone,

I am using Labview 2012 and receiving some data on my serial port that I want to convert to an hexadecimal string. I have attached a VI that only enables me to convert the first part of the chain but not the rest.

Does anybody know how to do this?

PS : I don't want to have just the incator displayed in hexadecimal, I really need to make a conversion of the string to be able to work around it after.

Thanks.

User

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,689 Views)

What is actual input and output needed. Share the actual real time data

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,672 Views)

Here one possibility.

Regards, Jens

Kudos are welcome...
Message 3 of 8
(3,663 Views)

jg69 seems to have the answer you are looking for.  String To Byte Array and then Number To Hexidecimal String followed by a Concatinate String (which will combine the array of strings into a single string).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,636 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author User79

See that red dot on the Number to Hex String function in the code image, that is your data being blown up into an array of U64.  Yuk.  Slip a for loop around the number to hex string function and it actually goes a bit faster.  Goes against the grain of everything you think you know about LV, but this is one of those exceptions.

Message 5 of 8
(3,617 Views)

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your quick answers. I have been running the attached solution and it works fine. Was that what you were recommending me to do?

User79

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,534 Views)

That is what I was suggesting for a bit of a performance boost.  Ditch the string length and just let the autoindexing handle setting N.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,518 Views)

Thanks for your anwswers.

Regards,

User

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,478 Views)