LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert build script in LabVIEW not 2014

Hello,

I have searched about the possibility to convert an old .bld file into a newer LabVIEW project. In the menu "Tools" of LabVIEW 2014 this is possible by the "Convert build script", however i cannot find this voice in the newer version of LabVIEW despite of the LabVIEW Help document it.

Does someone if it is only hidden and is possible to unhide? Maybe adding some key in the LabVIEW.ini file?

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,561 Views)

Hello Confa,

i found this link referred to LV 2016 help: http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361N-01/lvhowto/buildingapporsharedlib/

Is this what are you searching for?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,502 Views)

Hi Lamber,

it is almost what I need, the issue is that in LabVIEW 2014 I can find the Convert Build Script tool in the Tools menu, but i cannot find it in LabVIEW 2016 nor LabVIEW 2017.

Maybe this feature is hidden and I would like to know if there is a way to unhide it.

However many thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,499 Views)

It's been removed. Probably they where fed up with it after 8 new versions of LabVIEW...

They did not remove it from the help, and that is a bug.

It's not just the menu that is missing. It used to be in "National Instruments\LabVIEW 2013\resource\Framework\Providers\Builds\AppBuilder\ConvertBuildScript", and there is nothing like that in 2017...

Guess you have either read in in Notepad (not sure how that will work) and convert it manually, or find a <2015 version (not sure how that will work either). For a lot of applications simply starting over will be the shortest path.

Message 4 of 6
(2,492 Views)

Yes, I use LabVIEW 2014 to create a project starting from the build script and then this project can be opened in every later version of LabVIEW. I was just curious to understand if it is a hidden feature or removed.

Now I know that it was removed.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,489 Views)

@confra82 wrote:

Now I know that it was removed.

It was partially removed. It is still in the help. I'll inform NI.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,471 Views)