From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corrupted VI while execution

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I copied 3 days ago all my LabVIEW development file from mydesk local file to my company network file.

Since i did it i got following error message during execution launched on development system.

"The VI Main.vi has changed on disk since last saved or loaded by LabVIEW. If you load its block diagram, it will probably be inconsistent, with the parts of the VI already on memory, resulting in a corrupt VI."

I don't understand this error neither why it happens only since i copied my development files to my company's network.

Has anyone already got this behaviour ?

Any tip will be apreciated 🙂

Best Regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,653 Views)

Hi Gigi,

suggestion: don't store your VIs on a network drive. Use local drives to keep your development source code…

When you want to synchronize with a network drive use SCC tools like SVN or GIT!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,644 Views)

@Gigi_31 wrote:

Hello,

I copied 3 days ago all my LabVIEW development file from mydesk local file to my company network file.

Since i did it i got following error message during execution launched on development system.

"The VI Main.vi has changed on disk since last saved or loaded by LabVIEW. If you load its block diagram, it will probably be inconsistent, with the parts of the VI already on memory, resulting in a corrupt VI."

I don't understand this error neither why it happens only since i copied my development files to my company's network.

Has anyone already got this behaviour ?

Any tip will be apreciated 🙂

Best Regards

Several things can cause data corruption. The solution is easy: delete the corrupted files and folders, and recover your data from your backup. I suppose you use some sort of source control, or at least some backup solution. If not, you should learn from this issue, and start using them!

edit: and check what GerdW wrote: what happens if you copy your project folder back to your local drive from the network one?

Message 3 of 6
(2,641 Views)

I moved out my development files to my company's network in order to get backup of my develoments. As some of you pointed out the solution might be working in local with SVN or equivalent but my company doesn't have SVN server...

To clarify my previous post, errors are not comming while my network company is being backed up.

Certified-LabVIEW-Developer_rgb.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,586 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gigi_31

Hi Gigi,

LabVIEW has certain problems when files are located on network (mapped) drives - like the ones you reported.

The common solution is to put all your source code on your local drive…

As some of you pointed out the solution might be working in local with SVN or equivalent but my company doesn't have SVN server...

Ask your network admin(s) to setup such a server. AFAIK the software is for free…

in order to get backup of my develoments.

Do some backups on your own.

Simplest solution: ZIP your local source code storage and copy that ZIP on your server…

(Hint: ZIP often, ZIP early. Hint2: Don't forget to copy on your server!)

Better solution: use some SCC tools like SVN or GIT.

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,579 Views)

I am going to ask for my SCC to implement SVN server.

Thank you all of you for your complete answers.

Best Regards

Certified-LabVIEW-Developer_rgb.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,572 Views)