From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling multiple testing rigs remotely from one computer

Solved!
Go to solution

VIPM is an independent program.  Have you tried opening up your start menu and searching 'VIPM'?  This would tell you if it's installed or not.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(456 Views)
wrote:

VIPM is an independent program.  Have you tried opening up your start menu and searching 'VIPM'?  This would tell you if it's installed or not.

Just searched for "VIPM" in my programs and nothing showed up. I also search for "package manager" too. Since the LabView license that I got came from my company, I think that this feature was opted out or something.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(453 Views)

VIPM should come installed with LabVIEW if your license contains it. If it was not installed, you can download the free version from the link below:

"VIPM": https://vipm.jki.net/get

However, there is a known issue that if you recently installed 2017 SP1, your computer will uninstall VIPM. The solution to this is to reinstall LabVIEW 2017 SP1. Hope that helps!

Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(431 Views)

Hello Everyone,

Thank you all for the help. I was having difficulty with my workplace's IT department allowing me to install VIPM so I wasn't able to use the STM functions. However, I believe that it definitely would work to solve my problem.

I decided to use Network Streams where each rig would have its individual Host/Target VI pair. Also, I have been using Simple Network Streams example that is installed with LabView as a reference. 

Thank you all,

JATHL

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(410 Views)