LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant wait cursor when editing with LVOOP

Hi Marc A,

Is there anyway you could post a small piece of your code that reproduces this behavior?

I might indeed be a bug, but to get any information from R&D, I will need to be able to reproduce the behavior here.

Have a great day,

Chris V 

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 42
(657 Views)

I've tried opening a couple of the classes outside of the project to get something to show, but it doesn't cause the problem. I can't attach the whole project here, so I suppose the best way would be to contact support and send it to someone there to look at. I could upload it somewhere and PM you a link if you wanted to look at it first.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 42
(651 Views)

Hi Mark A,

Yes, at this point, contacting support would probably be best (assuming you have a support contract).  Just visit ni.com/support.

Have a great day,

Chris V

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 42
(634 Views)

Mark,

Do you use a lot of re-entrant VIs?

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 42
(626 Views)

Not really. I made a handful run inline, but I've dealt with this problem since before I went through and did that.

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 42
(624 Views)

Marc...

I fear I must join you in this misery...  😞

I now face similar symptoms.  Everything I do slows the entire PC down to a crawl.. 

The only applications that are open are Outlook, Word and a couple of command prompts which were closed before I noticed the slow-down.

It's been behaving slowly since Monday.  But as I add more code, it is becoming more painfully slow.

I haver used LVOOP on 2 other projects before and did not notice any development speed issues..  This is the first time I experience that.

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 42
(604 Views)

I contacted support and sent my project. The person I talked to spent several days with it and although he saw the same issue, was not able to determine the cause. It was then sent to R&D. They think it has to do with type propagation. It's only been getting worse for me, and really starting to annoy me.

A CAR has been filed, so now all I can do is wait to hopefully get a solution soon.

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 42
(600 Views)

Do you have the CAR # and the CAR description?

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 42
(596 Views)

Thanks Marc

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 42
(593 Views)

I thought I'd post what happens when I edit anything of the block diagram (remove a wire, add a function as basic as add or subtract).

The program hangs and if I click on anything I get blank windows until it returns from the twilight zone.

I also notice spikes in CPU performance.

Inerting a new state in a Type Def enum:

Adding a VI on the block diagram:

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 42
(587 Views)