From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant wait cursor when editing with LVOOP

Hi Marc A,

Is there anyway you could post a small piece of your code that reproduces this behavior?

I might indeed be a bug, but to get any information from R&D, I will need to be able to reproduce the behavior here.

Have a great day,

Chris V 

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 42
(658 Views)

I've tried opening a couple of the classes outside of the project to get something to show, but it doesn't cause the problem. I can't attach the whole project here, so I suppose the best way would be to contact support and send it to someone there to look at. I could upload it somewhere and PM you a link if you wanted to look at it first.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 42
(652 Views)

Hi Mark A,

Yes, at this point, contacting support would probably be best (assuming you have a support contract).  Just visit ni.com/support.

Have a great day,

Chris V

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 42
(635 Views)

Mark,

Do you use a lot of re-entrant VIs?

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 42
(627 Views)

Not really. I made a handful run inline, but I've dealt with this problem since before I went through and did that.

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 42
(625 Views)

Marc...

I fear I must join you in this misery...  😞

I now face similar symptoms.  Everything I do slows the entire PC down to a crawl.. 

The only applications that are open are Outlook, Word and a couple of command prompts which were closed before I noticed the slow-down.

It's been behaving slowly since Monday.  But as I add more code, it is becoming more painfully slow.

I haver used LVOOP on 2 other projects before and did not notice any development speed issues..  This is the first time I experience that.

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 42
(605 Views)

I contacted support and sent my project. The person I talked to spent several days with it and although he saw the same issue, was not able to determine the cause. It was then sent to R&D. They think it has to do with type propagation. It's only been getting worse for me, and really starting to annoy me.

A CAR has been filed, so now all I can do is wait to hopefully get a solution soon.

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 42
(601 Views)

Do you have the CAR # and the CAR description?

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 42
(597 Views)

Thanks Marc

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 42
(594 Views)

I thought I'd post what happens when I edit anything of the block diagram (remove a wire, add a function as basic as add or subtract).

The program hangs and if I click on anything I get blank windows until it returns from the twilight zone.

I also notice spikes in CPU performance.

Inerting a new state in a Type Def enum:

Adding a VI on the block diagram:

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 42
(588 Views)